Today, we released a new firmware update 1.0.4 for the Nitrokey 3. This update brings the following changes:
- Improved stability on Windows 10: The Nitrokey 3 works more reliably for Windows 10 users.
- Improved compatibility with OpenSSH: If you use OpenSSH with resident keys, you can now retrieve the stored keys with `ssh-add -K`.
- Consistent LED behavior: The LED behavior has been changed to match the behavior of the Nitrokey FIDO2 devices. This makes it easier to distinguish the LED signals. The new behavior is:
- The LED is off by default.
- When connecting the Nitrokey 3, the LED blinks white once.
- If the user has to confirm an operation by touching the Nitrokey 3's touch button, the LED blinks white until the button is pressed or the operation timed out.
For information on installing the firmware update on your Nitrokey 3, see the instructions at docs.nitrokey.com.