The latest firmware for the Nitrokey 3 in version 1.3.1 is now available. A central change is the file format which is used for the update of all Nitrokey 3. For this it is mandatory to update to a current pynitrokey version (>= 0.4.35), without this the update will fail.
Most important changes:
- The Secrets functionality is now enabled and available. Currently you can use it for one-time passwords (OTP). This will be extended step by step with password safe features.
- Improvement of data security for the Nitrokey 3A Mini
- Numerous bugs especially in communication (CCID, CTAP) have been fixed
- Improvement of FIDO2 compatibility
- A common update file format for all Nitrokey 3 variants
As a small bonus, we now also offer pynitrokey now as a Windows installer and single executable, the latter could lead to a virus warning depending on the system, which is of course a false alarm. In addition, there is also a single executable for Linux.