Download the Latest Firmware
The latest firmware version is 0.48.0. Download .hex file from here
WARNING: Version 0.45 (and potentially other versions too) destroys all encrypted data! You should backup all data from the device before upgrading!
- Set Nitrokey Storage into upgrade mode using the Nitrokey App
- For pre-0.7 firmware versions only: Reconnect the Nitrokey Storage
- Install dfu-programmer on your computer
- Open a terminal (DOS-style command prompt). On Linux the following commands need to be executed as root (sudo).
- Execute "dfu-programmer at32uc3a3256s erase"
- Execute "dfu-programmer at32uc3a3256s flash --suppress-bootloader-mem <HEXFILE>"
- Execute "dfu-programmer at32uc3a3256s launch" (older versions of dfu-programmers: "dfu-programmer at32uc3a3256s start")