Download the Latest Firmware
WARNING: Version 0.45 (and potentially other versions too) destroys all encrypted data! You should backup all data from the device before upgrading!
- Set Nitrokey Storage into upgrade mode using the Nitrokey App. The default firmware password is '12345678'.
- For pre-0.7 firmware versions only: Reconnect the Nitrokey Storage
- Install dfu-programmer on your computer (see here for macOS)
- Open a terminal (DOS-style command prompt). On Linux the following commands need to be executed as root (sudo).
- Execute "dfu-programmer at32uc3a3256s erase"
- Execute "dfu-programmer at32uc3a3256s flash --suppress-bootloader-mem <HEXFILE>"
- Execute "dfu-programmer at32uc3a3256s launch" (older versions of dfu-programmers: "dfu-programmer at32uc3a3256s start")